Thursday, November 6, 2008

Tweaking


Old photo with Doc D at N.A. track. Photo credit Dave Smith.

At noontime yesterday, I started out my run with Mike, then headed to the track for a slightly tweaked version of the workout Professor (Fernando) gave us... damn goat girl. My problem was, I wouldn't get myself to do it based on just following time increments, like, "1 minute hard, 1 minute easy, 2 minutes hard, 1 minute easy, etc. " For me, I really need to focus and get into rhythm, which I have a problem doing if I'm checking my watch to see whenever a minute is done. It doesn't even help much when I set the count-down timer... either I keep resetting for each time, or think too much to remember which one I am on.

The "tweaks" got me through it. #1) I went to the track... so no dodging traffic or curbs #2) and I translated workout into 400, 600, 800, 400 sets calculating the lap pace Professor wanted us to stick to.

I even kept to the pre workout routine of zombie walk, high knees, butt kicks, carioca and strides... and just like summer track, I didn't even need a shirt yesterday. Another workout conquered.

5 comments:

Judge said...

MG

I did it that way too.

s p running said...

must be the goon way!

s p running said...

Did you do 4 or 5 sets? I only did 4, but I was closer to 5k pace than 10K pace...

Judge said...

I did 4 at a pace between 5k and 10k Didn't want to push it too much yet

Nice pict of you and Dr D.

Christopher said...

ahhh, goat. You stated in your last sentence that "I didn't even need a shirt" That must have been one heck of a workout !

Doc:-/